Mateusz Machaj on the Structure of Production in Economic Theory, and the Political Philosophy of the Star Wars Prequels
Austrian economist and Mises Institute Fellow Mateusz Machaj discusses two of his books. The first is a technical work explaining how the Austrian structure of production concept can help resolve puzzles in economics. Machaj’s second book analyzes the political philosophy behind the Star Wars prequels. This episode contains deep insights that will inform even advanced students of both economic theory and the Star Wars universe.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview: Part 1 on structure of production and Part 2 on Star Wars.
- Matt’s book on capital theory and his book on Star Wars. #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- Bob’s referee reports from Paul Samuelson.
- Bob’s article explaining “reswitching.”
- Krugman on potential GDP flip-flop.
- Mace Windu, vigilante.
This post has been republished with permission from a publicly-available RSS feed found on Mises. The views expressed by the original author(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of The Libertarian Hub, its owners or administrators. Any images included in the original article belong to and are the sole responsibility of the original author/website. The Libertarian Hub makes no claims of ownership of any imported photos/images and shall not be held liable for any unintended copyright infringement. Submit a DCMA takedown request.