David Friedman on Physics, Coase, Anarcho-Capitalism, and Cancel Culture
David Friedman is one of the pioneering theorists of anarcho-capitalism, as laid out in his book The Machinery of Freedom. In this free-wheeling discussion, he discusses physics versus economics, the work of Ronald Coase, his dad’s view of anarchism, and what happened to the SlateStarCodex site.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- David Friedman’s homepage.
- David’s book The Machinery of Freedom. Heinlein’s classic The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- David debates Bob at Porcfest on Austrian vs. Chicago School methodology in economics.
- One of Walter Block’s essays on hanging from an apartment flagpole.
- The website SlateStarCodex and the post Bob mentioned, “You Are Still Crying Wolf,” which defended Trump from accusations of racism.
This post has been republished with permission from a publicly-available RSS feed found on Mises. The views expressed by the original author(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of The Libertarian Hub, its owners or administrators. Any images included in the original article belong to and are the sole responsibility of the original author/website. The Libertarian Hub makes no claims of ownership of any imported photos/images and shall not be held liable for any unintended copyright infringement. Submit a DCMA takedown request.