9/8/20 Kevin Gosztola: Day Two of the Assange Extradition Hearing
Scott talks to Kevin Gosztola about day two of Julian Assange’s extradition hearing. Gosztola covers some of the highlights of the day’s proceedings, including witness testimony for Assange’s defense, the main purpose of which was to emphasize the fact that Assange’s behavior in running Wikileaks is not categorically different from any other journalistic practices as carried out by, say, the New York Times. Gosztola explains that the prosecution’s main strategy seems to be to emphasize these newer supposed hacking charges, which, though specious, distract from the plain fact that the charges under America’s Espionage Act are simply not credible.
Discussed on the show:
- “Kevin Gosztola’s Great Coverage of Assange Hearings” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “9/7/20 Joe Lauria on Julian Assange’s Show Trial” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “The Guantanamo Files” (WikiLeaks)
- “Kabul War Diary” (WikiLeaks)
- “Baghdad War Diary” (WikiLeaks)
- “State Department Cables” (WikiLeaks)
- “WikiLeaks” (WikiLeaks)
- Poisoning the Press: Richard Nixon, Jack Anderson, and the Rise of Washington’s Scandal Culture
Kevin Gosztola is managing editor of Shadowproof. He also produces and co-hosts the weekly podcast, “Unauthorized Disclosure.” Follow him on Twitter @kgosztola.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.https://libertarianinstitute.org/scotthortonshow/9-8-20-kevin-gosztola-day-two-of-the-assange-extradition-hearing/