Punish Politicians for the Right Reasons
Matt Welch, Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie gather on this week’s Reason Roundtable to reflect with fresh fury on the latest bureaucratic bottle-necking and duty dereliction. And they find some bits of good news for you too.
Discussed in the show:
0:24: New York is…not well.
23:56: What’s the takeaway of comparing Democrat- and Republican-run states in the face of pandemic management? (Look forward to a feature piece diving even deeper into this by Matt Welch.)
31:23: Weekly Listener Question: What does the Roundtable suggest to replace the current vaccine approval process?
46:45: Biden bombed Syria, and we’re reminded that behind the “he’s not Trump” hype, he’s still just a “status-quo institutionalist.”
49:13: Media recommendations for the week.
This week’s links:
- “The Twilight of the Anti-Trump Idols,” by Ross Douthat
- “New York attorney general seeks to investigate Cuomo sexual harassment claims,” by Richard Luscombe
- “Newsom appears to post TikTok inside restaurant, denies eating there,” by Morgan Phillips
- “What Disney Can Teach Us About Covid-19: Lockdowns Fail” (video)
- “Thomas Sowell’s Maverick Insights on Race, Economics, and Society” (video)
- “Cocktails with Suderman“
- “5 Pandemic Mistakes We Keep Repeating,” by Zeynep Tufekci
Audio production by Ian Keyser.
Assistant production by Regan Taylor.
Music: “Angeline,” by The Brothers Steve.
This post has been republished with permission from a publicly-available RSS feed found on Reason. The views expressed by the original author(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of The Libertarian Hub, its owners or administrators. Any images included in the original article belong to and are the sole responsibility of the original author/website. The Libertarian Hub makes no claims of ownership of any imported photos/images and shall not be held liable for any unintended copyright infringement. Submit a DCMA takedown request.