You don’t have to be a “Doomsday Prepper” to see that America is headed for some rough times, and learning how to prepare for an economic collapse makes sense. Take the following quiz and see how you measure up with preppers and survivalists.
1) If the cumulative inflation rate hits 100% for three years, then it is called what?
2) Name at least one country that has experienced hyperinflation in the last 100 years.
3) What kind of money is best to have during an economic collapse?
4) What causes food riots during economic collapse?
5) How are public services and utilities impacted by economic collapse?
6) What is the best way to pack dry foods in your food storage so that their shelf life is lengthened?
7) How long can wheat, oats and other dry foods last in your food storage and still be good?
8) How many drops of bleach are needed to purify a gallon of water?
9) Can water caught from your downspouts off the roof be considered safe to drink?
10) What is the best way to cook if there is a power outage and you have an electric stove?
2) Germany before WWII is the greatest example, although Zimbabwe, Argentina and Russia are more good examples
3) Precious metals and foreign currency (like the Swiss Franc, which is regarded as one of the most stable).
4) Panic and supply chain issues. It is almost never caused by actual food shortages in the country, but rather distribution problems and a “run” on the stores.
5) Repairs and maintenance get put off and this causes breakdowns and power outages to make utilities much less reliable.
6) In sealed mylar bags with oxygen absorbers, in 5 gallon buckets.
7) If sealed as mentioned above, the shelf life is 10-20 years.
8) Sixteen drops per gallon, unless the water is cloudy or the bleach is old.
9) No, rainwater running off the roof is contaminated by the asphalt shingles on most roofs.
10) By using your barbecue grill or a propane camping cook stove.
If you scored at least 8 points, then you are really learning how to prepare for an economic collapse, and you have what it takes to become a real prepper or survivalist.
This originally appeared on Prepper1cense.
The post Economic Collapse Survival Quiz For Would-Be Preppers and Survivalists appeared first on LewRockwell.
The daily news and opinion site LewRockwell.com was founded in 1999 by anarcho-capitalists Lew Rockwell and Burt Blumert to help carry on the anti-war, anti-state, pro-market work of Murray N. Rothbard. Visit https://www.lewrockwell.com
This post has been republished with implied permission from a publicly-available RSS feed found on Lew Rockwell. The views expressed by the original author(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of The Libertarian Hub, its owners or administrators. Any images included in the original article belong to and are the sole responsibility of the original author/website. The Libertarian Hub makes no claims of ownership of any imported photos/images and shall not be held liable for any unintended copyright infringement. Submit a DCMA takedown request.