Senior Editor Robby Soave subs for Katherine Mangu-Ward on The Reason Roundtable this week, sitting in with Matt Welch, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie to discuss criminal justice reform at the federal and local levels, Biden’s gun regulations, unions, and media bias.
Discussed in the show:
1:49: Minnesota’s latest police shooting
21:54: Biden’s effort to curb gun violence
31:01: A union drive fails at Amazon amid Biden’s pro-union policies, and media bias surrounds the story
43:38: Weekly Listener Question: Explain to me how the left can find racism under every rock yet not recognize that the drug war, minimum wages, and gun control directly stem from racism?
47:19: Media recommendations for the week.
This week’s links:
- “Maryland becomes first state to repeal police bill of rights, overriding Hogan veto,” by Ben Leonard
- “Kentucky Law Limits Use Of No-Knock Warrants, A Year After Breonna Taylor’s Killing,” by Rachel Treisman
- “New Mexico Abolishes Qualified Immunity,” by Billy Binion
- “Schumer: Senate will act on marijuana legalization with or without Biden,” by Natalie Fertig
- “Daunte Wright: Protesters Clash With Police Near Minneapolis After Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting,” by T. Grant Benson
- “Biden set to accept fewest refugees of any modern president, including Trump, report says,” by Amy Wang
Send your questions by email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your social media handle and the correct pronunciation of your name.
- Get an up-close look at the history of the Constitution with the Institute for Justice’s new podcast, Bound by Oath. Available wherever you check out podcasts.
- Donor-advised funds are the simple, tax-friendly, secure way to give. Why not work with the fund that matches your values? For Roundtable listeners, that’s DonorsTrust. Get your free Donor Prospectus to see how DonorsTrust can be your principled charitable partner at DonorsTrust.org/Reason.
Founded in 1968, Reason is the magazine of free minds and free markets. We produce hard-hitting independent journalism on civil liberties, politics, technology, culture, policy, and commerce. Reason exists outside of the left/right echo chamber. Our goal is to deliver fresh, unbiased information and insights to our readers, viewers, and listeners every day. Visit https://reason.com
This post has been republished with implied permission from a publicly-available RSS feed found on Reason. The views expressed by the original author(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of The Libertarian Hub, its owners or administrators. Any images included in the original article belong to and are the sole responsibility of the original author/website. The Libertarian Hub makes no claims of ownership of any imported photos/images and shall not be held liable for any unintended copyright infringement. Submit a DCMA takedown request.